Monday, December 16, 2019

Art of The Animated GIF: Reflection

Hi Guys, welcome back to my wonder filled blog!

This blog is basically me reflecting on the creativity mission I just finished!

We have been working on this mission for weeks now and I am glad to say its done as I've learned and will continue the work throughout my next missions.
We finally completed the presentation!!
Yes I was a nervous wreck the night before, that morning and soon before the presentation but amazingly it went well. Once we started talking we didn't stop! I felt that our slides weren't boring at all, they were funny as most if not all the slides had gifs on them.

My group wasn't intimidating whatsoever and I really liked how they were so interested in everyones work and weren't disrespectful.
The presentation was just much better than expected and I was happy about that fro sure.

This lab was quite funny as there was. a big debate weather GIF is pronounced with a hard g (G-IF) or a soft g (JIF).
Our group and another group said it was 100% GIF with a hard G whereas others said it was GIF with a soft g, it was disappointing because I've been going through life calling it GIF with a hard g...
We still haven't quite sorted the debate even though the creator Steve Wilhite said its pronounced with a soft g.. I will never live this one down.

Ive learned a lot doing this mission, I never knew anything about GIFS or how to make them until this mission, I even knew the name of the creator of GIFS while doing this blog post without looking up the information.
Surprisingly GIFS were quite simple and easy to make... I never knew that either...
I made a GIF of a dolphin jumping in the air, I took it from a video clip I took in Palmitos Park, Gran Canaria this summer.
I added the piece of the clip I liked to the website GIPHY and it made the GIF for me. You can also make a Gif a much harder way, this can be seen in my previous blog!

Some constructive criticism for ourselves:
> Make the background white next time with black writing to make it really stand out.
> Add more colour overall.
> Show more about how we made the gifs.
> Make the font more appealing.
> Possibly add some symbols.
> Reduce writing on some slides.
> BE MORE CONFIDENT.

I will definitely take this onboard with me throughout my next missions.

Information not related to the presentation but very interesting;
Doing this mission with Megan and Lauren has literally made me make friends for life. I realised that they are the right people for me as they push me to move in the right direction. I've decided that I'm going to start surrounding myself with kind people who motivate you to complete things and route for you while you are doing so. (If you are reading guys, Thank you)
Thank you for reading!!
Student going offline,
Danniella Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment