Monday, December 16, 2019

Digital Journalism: Process

Hi Guys, welcome back to my wonder filled blog!

This is my last and final mission ever for my first semester of creative digital media year 1. This is very exciting as I haven't completed a full mission since mission 1. I feel like this mission is going to be good and very creative.

I have an idea on what I want to do as I have the biggest interest in it, I would like to do the mission "methodology" on digital journalism. I don't yet have an idea on what to do within the actual mission but I am sure my future group and I can be creative enough to figure out something good and funny but effective.

I am still a bit behind then everyone else due to certain circumstances explained in my previous blog. I am determined to work well in this mission and hope I will find a group that will work well alongside me. Basically the way the missions work is that you cant be in the same group as anyone you have worked with before, in the previous missions I worked with my best friends that were in group 4 so I couldst work with them again, luckily we were allowed to work with people outside our groups for this mission only. I thought this was a great idea. the only thing was we had to have 3 people in the group this time as it was surrounded by teamwork.

I asked my 2 best friends from different groups to be in a group with me and one of them unfortunately already had a group and the other one said yes, I was delighted with myself as I finally found someone the I was comfy with to work with. The only thing was there was only 2 of us... and I didn't know anyone else that didn't have a group. we left it for a while, I hadn't heard from her in while but presumed that we were still working together, at this point I just wanted to start doing the work as this mission was only from weeks 10-12 and it was due on week 12. On week 11 I was let down as she already had joined another group which left me with absolutely no one but I wasn't giving up just yet.

I texted into our personal group 4 group chat on snapchat and some people replied but had no space for me and some people even offered for me to join even though they already had the numbers, some people just didn't reply to I texted into the group chat with 31 people from our course into it and nothing. I even joined the #digitaljournalism on slack. it was very disappointing to not have a group one week before the mission was due.

I am still confident that I will have a good group and a good video produced in time.
Thank you for reading!
Student going offline,
Danniella Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment