Monday, December 16, 2019

Digital Journalism: Product

Hi Guys, welcome back to my wonder filled blog!

So this is the blog where you find out if I am a total failure or not...
At this point I actually potentially could have been a failure. I was so stuck that I even typed out an email to my lecturer and was so close to sending it but I didn't because I still had some hope..

Finally.. a notification popped up on my phone the morning after I tried to hard to find a group. I was so blessed. It was a message on the college WhatsApp from a group of 2 who needed one more person to complete there group. I replied straight away in private message to make sure I got into the group. it was official. I had a group at last!!
We all communicated through WhatsApp that evening and discussed what we were going to do, we had come to the conclusion that we were going to do a video on "Fake News" to show when you tell someone something but ask it in question form they tend to believe fake stories. we researched videos on youtube and wrote down questions that we were going to ask random people around the campus. A few days later my group (Robyn, Leslie and I) met up as I didn't know the girls. We planned that day to meet up the next morning at 9:30 to film the actual video.

We met up that morning to film, surprisingly I was more confident talking to the girls. We all shared more ideas in regards to questions to ask. We then finally went around the college asking random people from first year to older years to see how they would react to our fake news. most if not all the people we filmed fell for the fake news. this basically proved our point. of course before filming we asked the people who were being filmed for their permission to film and show the video.
The next day we edited the video in college in the Mac labs on a software called premier pro. For this mission we had to use premier pro as the editing software. We added effects such as the breaking news/ fake news banner at the start to make it look like a real news show, we also cropped and cut some of the video out to shorten the video. A section of a clip of my friend John was also zoomed into which was quite funny.



I am just glad that I got into a good group with people who work well together and share similar interests to me. We all put in a good amount of work each and yet again the work wasn't left for any 1 person to do.

Luckily this mission didn't expect us to present. the video was basically our presentation which was good because I wasn't freaking out previous to the lecture...



Thank you for reading!
Student going offline,
Danniella Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment