Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Art of The Animated GIF: Process

Hi Guys, welcome back to my wonder filled blog!

We have started our first ever mission for my module "intro to digital media"!
This mission was a creativity mission so I wanted to chose something that I was interested in so I could put my creativity skills to the test. To be honest my choice was a good one which I am so excited to start.

We have to make a presentation on the history of GIFS and the production of them and much more!
We had a range of choices on what to do for our first mission including; Art of The Animated GIF, Digital Audio, Gaming and so much more. I chose the mission Art of The Animated GIF as I had the most interest in this and I wasn't at all knowledgeable with the other mission choices... I obviously knew what a GIF was and was interested to see how they were made and how they are used and what platforms they are used on. I wasn't so interested in the legal status of GIFS as I am more of an informal person and cant process law or theoretical things in my big creative brain full of practical ideas..
The first mission entailed that we must be in a group with maximum 3 people or we could do it alone or with 1 other person.
of course I picked a group of 3 because I love that saying "The more the merrier"
In my group there is Megan, Lauren and me of course. We aren't nessesarily best friends at this stage in this course but I hope by the end of the mission I will learn more about the kind of people they are and how creative all our minds can be when put together.    I feel that we will work well as a team, which will lead our presentation and information to come along nicely.

My goals for this mission is to communicate well with my group to collect all information on the history, legal status, popularity and use of GIFS. We also have to create our own GIFS!
I hope to produce a well put together presentation including the GIFS we make.

For the start of our mission we just sorted out the media we were going to use as a communication course and how and when we were going to meet up to practice. We decided to use the media platform slack to communicate as everyone in the chat that was doing Art of The Animated GIF shared their ideas with us all which was helpful. We are also going to Twitter and text message to communicate privately about when we could meet up with each other. Meeting up will be quite difficult outside college as all of our group life quite distant to the college, I hope it works out okay.

In my next blog I hope to write about all the work we will have done to date.



Thank you for reading!!
Student going offline,
Danniella Campbell.












No comments:

Post a Comment